Audrey Kathryn Freeman was born on Monday, September 15th at 3:53 pm. She weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. Audrey wasn't supposed to be here until September 27th, but we had an induction scheduled for the 18th. I guess Audrey couldn't wait that long though. Monday morning I got up and went to work as usual. While I was teaching reading to my class I started having contractions, but they weren't that bad so I didn't really think anything of it. I kept having them every 5 minutes for an hour, so after I dropped my class off at the library, I called the doctor. They didn't sound too concerned and scheduled an appointment at the doctor for 11:15. The nurse said they were probably Braxton Hicks and she thought they would send me back home. Of course, I left my cell phone at home that morning and the phone lines at school were down, so I had to borrow a coworker's phone to call Jared (who didn't answer the first few times I called because he was taking 2nd graders on a tour of the police station.) I even had to take my friend Natalie's phone with me to drive to the doctor's office. When I got to the doctor, I had to wait in the waiting room for an hour before they ever saw me. The nurses kept walking by saying, "You're not in labor; you don't look like someone who's in labor," joking with me. Well, they were wrong. When I finally saw the doctor, he said I was 7 cm dilated and they wheeled me over to the hospital, where 4 nurses were waiting on me. A few hours later, little Miss Audrey was here!
New home! Come check it out!
15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment