Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bye-Bye Summer

I had to start teaching again this week, so last weekend I wanted to do something fun with the girls. So..... we headed to the zoo- one of Alyssa's all-time favorite places- with Tracy and Dusti. We were afraid it would be too hot, but really it wasn't bad at all with all of the shade trees and the girls getting to play in the water at the children's zoo. We discovered that Alyssa is still terrified of carousels (I think I traumatized her by putting her on it at Boo at the Zoo when it goes backward), and not a huge fan of the foam zone. BIG fan of the snakes though, especially the rattlesnake (yuck!!!). We ended the day with a late lunch at Sweet Bones- their pulled chicken plate and fried pickles are so yummy- and a little grocery shopping. I love being able to spend all day with my girls- I'm going to miss them while I'm at school this year. Summers are great for mommies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment