Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Little Mozart

The other night I was reminded of how our children constantly amaze us. We were getting ready for bed and Alyssa requested to watch Baby Einstein. She has several of the DVD's, but doesn't watch them very often anymore. She chose to watch the DVD that talks about the different instruments in the orchestra. The movie takes each section of the orchestra, shows a picture of an instrument in that section, tells its name, and then shows clips of people playing music on the instrument. I was laying down with Alyssa when she looked at me and said, "It's a ceen-et Mommy." I had no clue what she was saying and then I looked at the screen as it said, "clarinet." She had recognized the picture. She proceeded to name a sack-phone (saxophone), soon (bassoon), and woo-win seccon (woodwind section) as soon as the pictures popped up. I know she's seen the movie several times, but it's amazing what kids can remember. Maybe she'll be the next Mozart... or maybe not, considering both of her parents are pretty musically challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment